Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Plans and Ponderings

I want to begin to improve my writing. I feel I'm all right with the who, what, when, where, and whys. But I have come to the conclusion there is something missing. I need to get more personal. I believe I'm not projecting the feelings behind what I am writing. Maybe that is reflective of me in real life too. That definitely gives me something to ponder.

I've been contemplating what I really love. Where does my passion lie? How can I translate that into something that pays it forward and helps others? I don't know that I've ever followed or identified my passions. Of course I love my family! But I mean to identify my heart's desire. I'm quite certain the path for me lies in fitness. I've probably always known this and my husband has pointed it out repeatedly. There's definitely a need for this in the world today. I definitely have quite a bit of knowledge and years of experience concerning it. Why not? So I am studying for my personal trainer certification with the hopes of building my own business and clientele. I did it before successfully in another type of business. I can do it again! Only this time it will have heart felt meaning to me.

Then there are my own personal fitness goals to consider. I'm back to training for that half marathon that hasn't quite worked out for me yet. I insist that I do it in a way that is well rounded. I've found that I really like P90X and running. I mentally need both. I think this is one of the reasons many people don't stay with their fitness routines. It becomes too routine! Variety IS the spice of life you know! My best advice is to mix it up and keep things fresh. : )

I have 2 half marathons on my radar. One is very scenic at the end of August. I'm thinking that one may be too soon although it is my preferred event. The other is at the end of Sept. and a bit farther away. But it would be fine if I'm not ready in August. I can run 8 miles without too much trouble right now. Really I think I should be able to have it up to 12-13 miles or more in 11 wks. For example: currently running 8 mile long run, 6 mi., 6 mi. and a 3 miler and then increasing the long run by a mile every 2 weeks until the race.

Woo! That was a long one for me!

2 comments:

  1. This post just made my heart sing! You would be an EXCELLENT trainer. You inspire and have compassion that is lacking in so many trainers out there. You have certainly helped me see that there is more than one way to be fit and healthy.

    ReplyDelete